Work1 Title: Very First Accident Year: 2013 Materials: archival print on metallic paper Dimensions: H 30 W 20 D 1 1/2
Work2 Title: Art is Fresh Year: 2014 Materials: archival print on metallic paper Dimensions: H 30 W 20 D 1 1/2
Work3 Title: Gluttony Year: 2013 Materials: archival print on metallic paper Dimensions: H 30 W 20 D 1 1/2
Work4 Title: Endless Love Year: 2013 Materials: archival print on metallic paper Dimensions: H 30 W 20 D 1 1/2
Work5 Title: Baby Love Year: 2015 Materials: archival print on metallic paper Dimensions: H 30 W 20 D 1 1/2
“Take an object. Do something to it. Do something else to it”-Jasper Johns
I’m hugely influenced by dada and neo-dada.
In this photography project, I explore a peculiar combination of photography, painting & collage.
I create three dimensional collages with found objects, food and cheaply printed old paintings.
I turn pre-existing works of art into Duchampian ready mades and take photographs of them.
I use strong shadows, layering, crumpling and folding effects to give a three dimensional sense in the final work.
I reduce the details and forms of painting by covering objects, food.
Copies of old masters paintings initially evoke viewers’ memory.
By using unexpected juxtapositions of objects, I try to create ambiguity and pull viewers’ attention deeper to my photographs.
In many ways, I examine new type of still life.
Zeren Badar is a self-taught conceptual artist lives currently in NYC. He is originally from Turkey. His works have been exhibited internationally including in Aperture Foundation,New York; The Center for Fine Art Photography, Fort Collins, CO; Aljira Center of Contemporary Art NJ. He is obsessed with art. He enjoys long walks all around Manhattan and takes long breaks at art shows.
– “A Process 2.0″curated by Lars Willumeit and Der Greif Magazine at Krakow Photo Month (Poland)
– “OPEN 16” curated by Paula Tognarelli at Vermont Photography Center
– “DADA LIVES”—UC Blue Ash College Art Gallery, Cincinnati, Ohio
– “Comic Art: Fantasy & Imagination” –Ann Street Gallery, Newburgh, NY
– “ Benefit Auction Exhibition” at Silver Eye Photography, Pittsburg
– “Voice of Artist”— Scope Art Fair, Miami, during Art Basel
– “No limits, No Lines” curated by Gigi Campos at One For All Gallery, Miami, during Art Basel
– “Ways to Lighten Up” curated by Deric Carner at Splinters & Logs, Brooklyn
– “Fresh” at Jankossen Gallery Chelsea NY
–“On the Inner & Outer Self”—at Openings, Manhattan NY–“Postcards from the Edge” at Luhring Augustine Gallery, Chelsea, NY
–“View Points” at Aljira Center for Contemporary Art, NJ
– “Boston Print Fair” with 555 Gallery, Boston– “Eumetadotas” at Nave Gallery LES, NY June 2015
–‘Last Dance at Arts@Reniassance, , Brooklyn –“After Image” at Art House Gallery, NJ
– “The Comedies & Tragedies” at Hudson Guild Gallery, Chelsea NY
–“Emerging Artists 2015” at Limner Gallery, Hudson NY –“NYC Salon Showcases” at Arts@Reniassance, , Brooklyn
–“Bite” at Nave Gallery, Somerville MA, February
–“Small Works” at Pleiades Gallery Chelsea, NY
–“Summer Open” at Aperture Foundation, Chelsea NY
–“Open” at The Center of Fine Art Photography, Fort Collins CO –“Fall Benefit Exhibition” at Nurture Art, Brooklyn NY
–“Year in Review 2013” at See me Gallery
–Director’s Honorable Mention at Open Exhibition at The Center for Fine Art, Fort Collins, 2014
–Finalist at Year in Review at See Me, 2013
–L’oeil de La Photography, 2104, 2015
–Fahrenheit Magazine 2015
–Art Sheep 2015–Mundo Flaneur 2015
– Fahrenheit Magazine 2015
–Acruator 2014, 2015
–Inprint Magazine Issue 16,2014
–Saatchi Gallery Blog 2014–Wired, Italy 2014
–Hashtag Magazine, Issue 10, 2014
–Nakid Magazine 2014
–SFMOMA blog 2013, 2014, 2015
–Design Taxi 2013
–Beautiful Decay 2013
–Contemporary Portraits 2014
–Uno Kudo Volume 4, 2014–Share 2015
Place: New York, NY