Overview & Guidelines
ISE Cultural Foundation NY has focused on supporting curators and artists who seek the opportunity for an innovative, contemporary art exhibition for more than 30 years by providing gallery space in New York City. This new ISE NY Grant Program is made to help curators and artists all over the world, who are planning to archive an ambitious exhibition wherever it will be.
- This is a grant for an exhibition, which is already scheduled.
- There is NO limit to applicant’s race, nationality, age and the place they currently live in as well as the place where the exhibition occurs.
- Either curator(s) or artist(s) who have a specific exhibition plan can apply.
- Applicants must be the creators who can talk about the artistic concept of the exhibition and its’ artwork. Organizations such as museums, galleries and schools cannot apply for this grant.
Maximum 5,000 US dollars per Exhibition
*The amount will be determined by each exhibition’s scale and content among other factors.
*If the grantee is outside of the US, the grant amount sent will be determined by the currency exchange rate when the grant is issued.
Applicable Exhibition Period
July 1st, 2015 – December 31st, 2015
*Only exhibitions during this period will be considered.
*If the exhibition’s starting time is within the date above, the closing date can be later than December 31st, 2015.
- Application deadline: April 30th, 2015
- Notification of the results: Each applicant will be notified the results by the end of May 2015 via email.
- Grant issuing: After the exhibition ends. Within 2 weeks of the final day of the exhibition, the grantee has to send all the necessary reports to ISE Cultural Foundation NY. Within 10 days after receiving the report, the total amount of the grant will be issued.
Note to Grantees
- ISE Cultural Foundation NY asks each grantee to submit images of the exhibition within 1 week after the starting date of the exhibition.
- On ISE NY’s website, ISE Cultural Foundation NY will disclose the grantee’s name, name of the exhibiting artists, exhibition title and venue as well as the images submitted, it will also include any relevant promotional material.
- Grantee must clearly indicate that the exhibition is supported by ISE Cultural Foundation NY on their promotional tools such as printing materials and website.
- In case any changes happen to the exhibition’s content, date and venue after grantee is determined, the grantee has to notify changes to ISE Cultural Foundation NY ASAP. If the content of the exhibition is significantly different from the original plan, it may cause a revision of the grant amount or cancellation of the grant itself.
How to Apply
Please submit the followings by either email or regular mail. Applicant can only choose one method of submission and cannot combine email and regular mail.
1. Application Form
- Fill out the form above in English.
2. Grant Proposal
- Fill out the form above in English (2 pages).
- If more space is needed, feel free to use additional pages.
3. Concept of the Exhibition
- 500 words or less
- English only
4. Images of the Exhibiting Artwork
- Minimum 5 images, Maximum 10 images
- Artwork in the exhibition only
- In case of video work, submit DVD by regular mail
5. Image Identification List
- Please identify: Title, Artist, Date, Medium and Size of each images
- English only
6. Curator & Artists’ Resume or C/V
- Format and pages are flexible.
- English only
7. Letter from the Exhibition Venue / Proof of the Scheduled Exhibition
- English or Japanese only
- Format is flexible. It must have a venue’s letterhead and official signature.
- A letter must contain name of the applicant, scheduled date of the exhibition and name of the venue.
- If an original letter is written in language other than English, please include an English translation.
- Attach 1~7 documents (except 4) and email to email@example.com from an applicant’s email account.
- On the subject line of email write an applicant’s name followed by “ISE NY Grant”. (Ex: ISE NY Grant: David Smith)
- File and attach 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 as Word documents,
- File and attach 7 as PDF document. If an applicant is selected, ISE NY will ask to send the original letter.
- Send 4 (images of work) via “Email file sending service” on the same day when the other application is sent to ISE NY. Please clearly indicate the applicant’s name and ISE NY Grant.
- Please indicate the name of the file sending company on your Application Form. (Ex: send this file.com)
Regular Mail Submission
- Send all to the following address: ISE Cultural Foundation NY, 315 West 33rd Street, Suite 9D, New York, NY 10001 USA
- Print out 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 and submit the materials as paper format.
- Send 4 (images) on CD.
- Video must be on DVD and send by regular mail. (Don’t send other documents by email. All submission materials must be together.)
- Send original 7.
Note to Applicants
- If any change of the exhibition happens after submission, please notify ISE Cultural Foundation NY as soon as possible.
- Incomplete submission will not be considered.
- Curator and artist cannot submit separately for same exhibition.
- ISE Cultural Foundation NY cannot answer any questions regarding the selection process and reasons for selection.
ISE Cultural Foundation NY, 315 West 33rd Street, Suite 9D, New York, NY 10001 USA